Roles & Responsibilities
We want you to join us full-time as a Software Engineer in our Data Platform team.
- You will develop sub-systems of our large scale software platform including: Segmentation Builder Tool, Campaign Analytical Dashboard features using Python, Go, Clickhouse, Redis, Postgrest, Kafka, and much more.
- You will take your hand dirty on PMB – Metrics Builder, a core component of our data engineering platform.
- PMB is our internal tool for Data Engineer. It processes the calculation and updating of thousand metrics over TBs data volume in both realtime and batch orientations with interactive drag/drop UI.
- You will review the code of your peers and they’ll review yours. We are going to get high code quality standards and the four-eyes principle is a must!
- You will start on easier, self-contained projects and once you feel at home, you can move to real beasts. Challenging, complex projects that will leave a mark – we have plenty of those.
- Last but not least, we have some kind of legacy codes that being replaced by better things, but somehow we still have to maintain it in the dark.
- You have experience with Python/Go/Java and a solid grasp of engineering practices.
- We use FastAPI, Faust, Dask, Numpy, Pandas for Python. You don’t need to know all of these tools but you should be a fast picking up person to learn.
- If you have an experience with Go or C++, that’s a big advantage.
- You should be a data lover with strong foundation in software development.
- You are able to learn and adapt. It’ll be handy while exploring new tech, navigating our not-so-small code base, or when iterating on our team processes.
- You are willing to learn about the monitoring of the production systems, database internal, and the development of distributed systems.
- Experienced in MPP or Big Data Platform tools (Spark/Flink/Presto) is a big plus.
An optional but good plus if candidates own below experience:
- Martech experience (DMPs, DSP, Emails, CDP, CDXP …).
- Work experience in B2B SaaS in online retail/e-commerce analytics, and marketing.
- Work experience in engineering team in retail/commerce companies.
- Work directly with industry experts and market leaders in DX, CX, digital-data-tech as well as named customers.
- Being a part of the awesome team building PrimeData CDP – the pioneering science-first customer data & experience platform.
- Flexible, open, and innovative environment.